Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Greenwood,Mississippi, The Delta






Back in October my wife and I spent a few days in Greenwood,MS staying at the Alluvian Hotel and exploring The Delta. I was not expecting such open country just outside of town, really we went from oak tree lined houses to cotton fields! I could have photographed all day and night up there. Stopped at 2 out of 3 Robert Johnson's graves. Finished up one night at a fabulous restaurant, Lusco's, a few Manning photos and autographs dot the walls inside. Kind of like being in New Orleans! And for New Orleans folks, it's a short drive or train ride up there.

If you want to see more Delta images other than my small slideshow, I'd suggest checking out www.wiljax.com . Will's the best Mississippi(noticed I wrote MS and not LA, he'd have to get in line here!) photographer out there.

No comments: