Thursday, November 19, 2009

NYC/NJ Wedding - Jeff & Kathryn Sept 2009






Jeff, a fellow Leica user had emailed a few months ago wondering if I would be available to photograph his wedding Sept 26th in NYC. Wow, this was luck, my wife and I were coming up to NYC to see U2 (yes again) that very weekend! Of course I'd love to shoot the wedding!

Now I have to mention this was the first time photographing a wedding on a sailboat, I did not expect all the up and downs, thought I was going overboard a few times. I'm 6'2" and the short railing on the boat was not going to save me. But what fun it was! Joshua Dwain, a wonderful NYC photographer assisted me with the wedding.

After a brief ride across the Hudson on the Ventura with Captain Pat (do check out his NYTimes piece), we docked and went on to the reception in Jersey City. The area reminded me allot of the Warehouse District in New Orleans. Side note - Jeff makes some mean cocktails and I'm always impressed when a non-New Orleanian knows how to make a sazerac.

Big thanks to Jeff and Kathryn, and of course we'll add Ted in there as well!



3 comments:

Sarah Hodzic said...

I love this wedding!! How fantastic to have a small intimate ceremony with your closest friends on a BOAT! I love love love it!
All the images are fantastic, and that 3rd one is really beautiful.

Great job!

Tips4Blogging said...

Very nice site, enjoyed the scenery :) seems you've got talent
with what you do.

Scott
http://linksharedirect.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Amazing job as usual Chris! I love boats and shooting a wedding on one would be fantastic! Love the sail image - awesome. LOL, I see Sarah loves that one, too!