Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Birmingham,AL Trip March 2009






I had a great time in Birmingham,AL photographing a wedding during the last weekend in March. I had a few hours to spend driving and walking around, and thanks to Genevieve and Greg(former bride and groom) I got some night time city shots as well. Greg, that bar was just plain odd. 

I stayed at the Hotel Highland in downtown Birmingham where I managed to break the shower within 5 minutes of me being there, not my fault, the handle broke! Otherwise a great hotel to stay at right in Five Points, biscuits and gravy for breakfast though get there early!

Here's a few images from that weekend, no wedding images just yet though. Elaine and Robby's wedding was amazing, excellent group of people, and a damn good band!

On the drive back to NOLA I detoured off the interstate to visit Rickwood Field, where Babe Ruth,Ty Cobb, Willie Mays and even Wiljax once played. Also along the way back down I found a Confederate Cemetery in Quitman,MS as well as a diesel train engine that may have been abused in Monster Truck rallies. 




No comments: