Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Tara & Mike 04.04.2008



Tara had told me to go shoot the guys getting ready before going over to where she was getting ready. Ha! You know guys, they were just hanging out and in no way ready to put on suits. But Mike got 'em to get dressed so we did get some photographs. Can't really blame them, it's guys right?

So now on to Tara who was allot of fun during her prep time. I loved her take on the whole "bride in doorway" image! 

The ceremony was held at Rayne Methodist Church on St Charles Ave while the reception was at the Riverview Room in the Jax Brewery building down in the French Quarter.

Methodist churches usually make you shoot from the back of the church but with Rayne it's not that large so it was not a problem getting shots from the back. The church itself is still under repair from Hurricane Katrina damage on the outside. 

So the best part - the reception. I've never been to a reception where the band plays "LA Woman" and "Burning Down the House". Awesome! Tara and Mike know how to through a party! Plenty of dancing the rest of the night. I may have overkilled the fisheye lens on the band shots.

Special thanks to Tara and Mike for letting me document the whole day. Later I received an email from Tara stating "kick ass images". That's the first kick ass I've ever received! Cartman would say, "sweet".










No comments: